Monday, November 15, 2010

Bring back the family dinner, says Laurie David | Grist
Q. Is climate change a good dinner-table topic?

A. Always, of course. We talk about it a lot in my house. Here's a simple way to take this from a huge issue right down to your dinner plate: One of the easiest, quickest things you could do to reduce your carbon footprint is to eat a little less meat.
...
Q. You're a dedicated climate activist, and this election was disheartening for many of us. Any insights on where we should focus going forward?

A. Almost every single environmentalist I know is an optimist, so I'm trying to remain optimistic as well. I feel like the change has to come from the individual, and that will push up against government. But I think we're not doing enough. Maybe it's time for a new movie.

No comments: