Friday, April 22, 2011

Sen. Paul to DOE : My Toilets Don't Work 'And I Blame You' | CNSnews.com
(CNSNews.com) - Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who blamed a Department of Energy (DOE) official for his non-functioning toilet a month ago, sees new government efficiency standards as something out of an Ayn Rand novel.

“You restrict my purchases, you don’t care about my choices, you don’t care about the consumer frankly, you raise the cost of the all the items with all your rules, all your notions that you know what’s best for me,” Paul said to DOE Deputy Secretary Kathleen Hogan at a Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing on March 10th.

“Frankly, my toilets don’t work in my house. And I blame you and people like you who want to tell me what I can install in my house, what I can do. You restrict my choices, there is hypocrisy.”
The Blackboard » Reviewer outs himself!
Some of you may recall the kerfuffle when RyanO revealed that Eric Steig was “reviewer A” on his paper. Today’s twist is Jason Box who broke the super-secrecy of the review process announcing he was the reviewer of Frauenfeld, Knappenberger and Michael’s “A reconstruction of annual Greenland ice melt extent, 1784–2009″. After revealing his role as reviewer, he criticized the paper.
The Death Spiral Visualized | Real Science
Can there be any doubt that we are headed for an ice free Arctic by 2013?
The Non-Alternative Alternatives - By Chris Horner - Planet Gore - National Review Online
Bjørn Lomborg indeed does a very good job of pointing out the obvious: “A green future will not result from subsidizing immature technology#…#. Wind and solar power are not yet competitive.” But then he goes on to suggest that we can make them competitive with more research money.

But in the case of wind and solar, this is absurd. They aren’t immature industries: They’re windmills and solar panels. Wind-powered, solar-powered, and coal-powered electricity were pioneered within eight years of each other. One works. The others never could match up but now are (risibly) touted by politicians and greens as “new technologies.”

No comments: