Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Recovering warmist Judith Curry: "I hope that this book leads to the discontinuation of the IPCC"

Laframboise on the IPCC | Climate Etc.
A whole chapter of Pachauri gems, here is one: “I am not going to rest easy until I have articulated in every possible form the need to bring about major structural changes in economic growth and development. That’s the real issue. Climate change is just a part of it.”
...
But overall, Donna Laframboise is to be congratulated for writing an important book. Read it, it costs only $4.99 on Kindle.
...
In terms of the broader audience, I have to say that I hope that this book leads to the discontinuation of the IPCC after the AR5 report (which is already well underway, and is arguably sufficiently tarnished that it is likely to have much less influence than previous reports.)
.
My personal reaction as a scientist is to be very thankful that I am not involved in the IPCC. I already feel duped by the IPCC (I’ve written about this previously), I am glad that I was not personally used by the IPCC.

2 comments:

AMR1960 said...

Judith Curry has given us "Exhibit A" for what's seriously wrong about the agenda driven Warmest view of how we should view the possibility, scope, and impact of Man-induced Climate change.

The Ecco-Mobsters have co-opted environmental Science. There is/was an unspoken covenant between Lay-people and the practitioners of Science on Society's behalf. The Scientists dispassionately compiles and distills the data, and Society charts how Humanity integrates that knowledge into the fabric of our lives.

Stepping away from the climate issue, and just looking at the actions & behavior of those the public would normally trust, what I see is the entire issue ENCAPSULATED by Collectivist & Socio-Political agendas, forcing me conclude that powerful elements have sized upon these issues as away/method to sequester more than just our Carbon...

I frankly don't trust them...it's a condition they have brought upon themselves with the series of duplicitous actions regarding how they established their so-called consensus. The "Warmest" community then further aggravates and "poisons the well" by calling us "Flat Earthers" and "Paleo-intellects".

Setting aside their elitist disdain, It's nothing short of suicidal for our Carbon based society to enact the deconstruction of our energy matrix, along the radical time-table advocated by the likes of: Hansen, Holdren, Mann, Cueller, et al...

Anonymous said...

That's a stunning endorsement.

I have not known exactly what to make of Laframboise. I am sympathetic to her since in the past she has skewered feminism but I was not sure what to make of her views of global climate change because that seemed so far out of her bailiwick.

To have Curry endorse her this way is very enlightening to me.