Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Michael Mann's lawyer: "I don't bluff"

Twitter / MichaelEMann: My lawyer on notion that o ...
My lawyer on notion that our letter to National Review is somehow frivolous: "I don't bluff" via @CBrainard of... http://fb.me/PbzVwiKH
‘I don’t bluff’ : CJR
“This is not a bluff,” Williams said when asked about Simberg’s comment. “This is a very strong case. I’ve done a fair amount of libel and defamation work. I vet the cases pretty thoroughly before I take them, and I don’t bluff. We’re going to bring it unless they retract and apologize.”

Andrew Weaver, a climate scientist at the University of Victoria in British Columbia, knows a little something about what Mann is going through. In 2010 he sued Canada’s National Post newspaper for libel, citing four articles that he said sought to damage his reputation. The following year, he launched another suit against Tim Ball, a former geography professor at the University of Winnipeg, over an allegedly libelous article published by the Canada Free.

Both suits are ongoing and Weaver referred questions about them to his lawyer, Roger McConchie, who did not respond to requests for comment.

No comments: