Saturday, December 29, 2012

Prof. Richard Parncutt backs down: “I wish to apologize publicly to all those who were offended”

Prof. Richard Parncutt backs down: “I wish to apologize publicly to all those who were offended” « Tallbloke's Talkshop
Well, this is good to see. Prof. Richard Parncutt, who previously advocated the execution of ‘prominent global warming ‘deniers” on one of his personal pages at the University of Graz website has retracted his article and replaced it with the following text:
Global Warming

I wish to apologize publicly to all those who were offended by texts that were previously posted at this address. I made claims that were incorrect and comparisons that were completely inappropriate, which I deeply regret. I alone am entirely responsible for the content of those texts, which I hereby withdraw in their entirety. I would also like to thank all those who took the time and trouble to share their thoughts in emails.
Richard Tol messaged me the other day to say that he’d had a response from the University of Graz saying they were “horrified” by Prof. Parncutt’s article. I assume they are prime movers behind this sudden turnabout of his views, given the first rewrite wasn’t much less provocative than his original article.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Idiot. This is just like political jerks who apologize to those who their stupid and offensive remarks may have hurt but offer no apologies for having said or for having held those offensive beliefs in the first place.

far2right said...

Wait a second.

IF these guys actually BELIEVE beyond a shadow of a settled science doubt that they are correct, then it is logical that they MUST call for the heads of all of us disputers of CAGW.

After all, the fate of the world as we know it and humanity is at stake, is it not?