Friday, December 28, 2007

Rami Zurayk on his own faith-based science

Here.

Excerpt:
It got me thinking: I'm an environmental scientist, but I've never had time to review the "evidence" for the anthropic causes of global warming. I operate on the principle that global warming is a reality and that it is human-made, because a lot of reliable sources told me that, and because I read it in learned journals. When I said, in my opening speech for the launch of UNEP's Global Environment Outlook-4 in Beirut: "There is now irrevocable evidence that climate change is taking place..." I was reading from a statement prepared by UNEP. Faith-based science it may be, but who has time to review all the evidence? I'll continue to act on the basis of anthropic climate change, but I really need to put some more time into this.

1 comment:

Pogo said...

The definition of "scientist" seems have become somewhat degraded since I did my PhD in the "dark ages".!