Sunday, March 29, 2009

Climate fight getting tougher: Garnaut
The global financial crisis has made it harder to achieve the needed carbon dioxide reduction targets, says Ross Garnaut, who authored a climate change report commissioned by the federal government.

"I think it makes it harder ... mainly for the political economy factors," Professor Garnaut told ABC's Inside Business program on Sunday.
Twitter / Jeffrey Ganir
Watching my candles flicker as I text in the dark for Earth Hour.
Twitter / Melissa Cisneros
Earth Hour... I was proud for doing my part...57 minutes into it I realized I left my TV on upstairs....is it the thought that counts?
Twitter / David Wixom
I sorta missed earth hour...I was playing video games...but the lights were out...soooo 50%? haha
Twitter / Brian Walters
I missed out on Earth Hour because I was sitting on a plane. I suppose turning the lights off inflight would be a bad thing
YouTube - Earth Hour Australia 28.03.09
Thanks to all those who made positive, thoughtful comments. Sadly, future comments have been disabled due to constant offensive/abusive remarks, which have been deleted.
Twitter / Sean Moran
Earth Hour a joke on base. No lights out at all.
Twitter / Kathy L. Huson Finch
opps 3 minutes late for earth hour! turning off stuff now. still have some battery power for laptop so I'll still twitter

No comments: