Friday, June 19, 2009

Left-wing alarmist's clever plan to replace Collin Peterson (D-Minnesota) with a Republican

Open Left:: Environmental Groups Don't Know How To Pressure Collin Peterson
Update: Because some people don't seem to understand what I am suggesting non-partisan environmental groups should to Peterson, let me make it clear: pressure Peterson from the left in a general election with the goal of electing a more conservative Republican.

I am not naive enough to think that a left-wing third-party candidate would actually win in Peterson's district. Further, I am not naive enough to think that a nattional left-wing third-party would somehow increase progressive power. Those are separate discussions that have been beaten to death. I am just trying to think of a way for Collin Peterson to lose his Agriculture Committee Chair before he destroys the planet. Doing so will take something highly unusual and extremely aggressive.

No comments: