Thursday, July 23, 2009

Current weather makes it easy to doubt global warming
Environmental changes happen all the time. They are cyclical in nature. I don't know about you, but where did the days of 33-plus degrees in July go?

Our last two summers sucked, if I was being honest! Might I also add that our last two winters pounded us "old-school" style with record dumps of snow.

I'm not seeing anything different now, then back when I was a kid, except we had tons of snow every winter, it was cold and bitter.
...
Now go hug a tree, with a warm jacket on, might I add.
Chad Scriver
U.S. Rep. Collin Peterson: Amendments to climate [scam] bill were necessary | Hutchinson Leader
At the end of the day, I know the climate change bill the House passed isn’t perfect. But it’s much better than it would have been if I hadn’t made it more farm-friendly, and it’s certainly better than if Congress had not acted and just let EPA bureaucrats regulate everything under the sun. Let me be clear, however, that these amendments I negotiated must be in place as this legislative process unfolds, or I will not support a final bill.
Re: Cap-and-Trade Is the Wrong Approach - Greg Pollowitz - Planet Gore on National Review Online
Reader C. H. writes in on this post about Gov. Schweitzer's opposition to cap-and-trade:
Schweitzer’s also upset that GM is cancelling its contract with the only American (located in Montana) supplier of platinum and palladium for the production of catalytic converters. So where is GM going to get those materials? Russia and South Africa.
The Migrant Mind: Another China Station
One would think that if the thermometers were measuring climate that they would actually go up and down somewhat together over a very short distance. Unfortunately in China or in the US, they don't.

No comments: