Monday, July 06, 2009

[So we should deliberately try to make fossil energy more expensive?] Fossil fuels to cost Illinois over a trillion by 2030
The report also calculates that between 2010 and 2030, Illinois will spend as much as $1.074 trillion on oil, coal and other fossil fuels. This is equal to three times the total earnings of all Illinois workers in 2007.
Alarmist Bill McKibben: 350 or bust - Guardian Weekly
When we talk to the White House, we keep hearing: “Make us do it. Build the kind of movement that will make us do it.” For Obama to deliver a treaty he has to get 67 senators on his side, which is an extraordinarily high bar, given the realities of American politics.
...
As all of that suggests, I’ve been doing a very bad job of work-life balance this year. I’ve been home for just three or four days. I love the place where I live, in the mountains of the northeastern US, and I love my family, but my 16-year-old daughter – she’s at some level the reason why I am here. I’m pleased that she’ll be campaigning in India with me next month.

No comments: