Wednesday, November 03, 2010

CentreRight: Who are the deniers now?
[Roger Helmer MEP] A couple of months before, I had asked if I could bring a couple of colleagues. They said yes. A week or so later, they asked for the names (and any special dietary requirements). I replied Lord Monckton of Brenchley, and James Delingpole of the Daily Telegraph. For the next week or so I held my breath, fearing that they might not like to receive two prominent sceptics, but there was no further response. Not, at least, until a couple of days before the meeting, when I received an apologetic e-mail. They had just noticed who my proposed companions were.

Apparently protocol would not allow the VC to meet “political activists”.
...
The e-mails are explicit. They are the smoking gun. They cannot be justified by any amount of context.

As I said to the VC, if I catch someone with their hand in my back pocket removing my wallet, I shall conclude that they are a thief and a pick-pocket, and I shall be unimpressed if they tell me that I have taken their actions “out of context”.
American Thinker: Low Volts, Falling Leafs
I suspect that many consumers will find electric vehicles attractive, either because the EV serves their needs or because they wish to believe they drive carbon-free.

For others the limited range of the EV will be an insurmountable hurdle. And if and when subsidies are withdrawn, cost may be prohibitive. The truth is that we may be stuck with the internal combustion engine for a long time. It might be wise for the political elite to consider what a remarkable contribution that engine has made to our lives, and to stand aside and allow auto companies to focus on making it better.

No comments: