Thursday, June 02, 2011

Vermont Public Radio: Dunsmore: Predicting Armageddon
As I saw the destruction of Joplin Missouri - and began reflecting on the extraordinary devastation in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and the unbelievable scenes of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami - it occurred to me that this might well be how the end of the world may begin - not with a big bang but incrementally.
...hurricane seasons have been more destructive in recent years.
...
My point is simply this. It’s easy enough to shrug off quirky doomsday prophesies. However, nature is providing ample evidence that global warming and climate change are tangible and serious threats to our environment and our way of life. Yet most of America is still blithely ignoring these warnings. And it does so at great peril.

3 comments:

SOYLENT GREEN said...

More destructive, eh?
We've had the longest stretch with no US landfall since before the Civil War.
Oh, I forgot. Facts are unimportant.

Anonymous said...

Good point SG, that's the first thing I thought when I read that. You beat me to it...

Papa Zu said...

Socrates,Plato and the other Macedonians must be turning over in their graves watching brain dead emotionalism overtaking reason. Dunsmore comes away looking like a doomsday cult member.