Thursday, August 11, 2011

Unclear on the concept: Warmist Tara Bono brags about spending time on five continents; urges us all to spend more time on fossil-fueled planes

It is a small world after all | Young Island
Editor’s Note: For the past two weeks, Tara has traded Long Island for another. She is in Australia attending the 2011 Summer Climate Change Professional Fellows Program. Below is a blog post she wrote down under.
...
A few nights ago, a local asked me why is it that American’s don’t travel as much or seem to have a sense of a global community?
...
In the two weeks that I’ve been here, I’ve been quizzed, mocked, and labeled about American’s sheltered society by ‘Aussies’ who seem in mere astonishment of our unawareness of any political happenings anywhere other than our own country. Fortunately, I took none of that to heart because I’d hope to think I don’t necessarily fit that label, and have expanded my global mindset over the last few years spending time in about 15 countries on 5 continents....Problems do exist outside your own backyard and culture does exist outside Disney World theme parks. So do yourself a favor and buy a plane ticket, or at the very least, read some global news until you can save up those vacation days.

No comments: