Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I have it when that happens: In email 3373, apolitical scientist Ray Bradley reports that the United States was taken over by "fascists" in 2003

We need to have few beers and try to get back onto the sunny side of what we do. It's been all aggravation and gloom around here, compounded by living in a country that has been taken over by fascists. Cambridge never looked so good... Ray

Email 30

Gene here is where I am up to now with my responses (still a load to do) - you can see that I have "borrowed (stolen)" from 2 of your responses in a significant degree - please assure me that this OK (and will not later be obvious) hopefully. You will get the whole text(confidentially again ) soon. You could also see that I hope to be fair to Mike - but he can be a little unbalanced in his remarks sometime - and I have had to disagree with his interpretations of some issues also.

Please do not pass these on to anyone at all. Keith

Email 2064

Thanks for this. I've been in touch with this guy (Steve McIntyre) before. I think he works in the US. He asked me a few things about the instrumental data, then more, then more
and asked for more data. I eventually gave up but he is quite able. The Finn is Timo Hameranta (or something like that) and is right of right field !
Cheers,Phil [Jones]

Email 508

I attach an attempt at trying to write up the discussion we had on Wednesday about a big
idea for the VC for ENV. I have called it Uncertainty but given the possible resultant
strap line of "we don't know what we're doing" I think we need a better title!.  [Tim Jickells, UEA]

No comments: