Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Global warming caused the heat wave that’s burning cities and destroying perfectly good hair - thestar.com

May I mention the personal toll it has taken? I give you my hair, which used to be obedient smoothable dark materials and is now openly my enemy, the way a sweet-natured 11-year-old turns into a sullen uncontrollable teenager overnight. I had always battled my curly hair — “I will defeat you,” I used to say, and I did — but my hair had a quiet chat with extreme humidity and now openly smirks at regulation...

You take my point, one made out of passionate self-pity. From the worldwide to the continental to the personal, we are seeing proof of global warming.

Saying it isn’t happening is like CEO Thorsten Heins saying RIM is not in a “death spiral.” The fact that you have to deny it means it’s probably true.

I lack the space to blast you with science so I will blast you with advice. If a third of the Toronto year is going to be hotter than we can tolerate and function well in, we have to alter our conduct.

Heatwaves Coming Later In The Summer | Real Science

Not only are heatwaves becoming less intense and less frequent in Missouri, but they are also starting later. Lebanon, Missouri has had seventy-five May/June days over 100 degrees since 1885. All but four of those days came with CO2 below 350 ppm CO2.

May 31, 1934 reached 101 degrees in Lebanon – almost a month earlier than the first 100 degree day in 2012.

People who are attempting to link CO2 and heatwaves in the US, are either incompetent or dishonest.

Check out this Twitter discussion between Morabito and Scientific American's DiChristina

Twitter / omnologos: Amazing: @SciAm now lets #

Amazing: now lets skeptics to speak w/o covering them with disparaging remarks thx

Twitter / mdichristina: @omnologos The fact that I

The fact that I reported what he said doesn't mean I found it convincing.

Twitter / BigJoeBastardi: RT @MarkVogan: @BigJoeBast

Darn cold in SE Australia with that -AAO. Coldest in 10 years at Dubbo, NWS.. Places as cold as -10C (14F).

Twitter / BigJoeBastardi: Its a huge plus having a m

Its a huge plus having a meteorologist dad who's love of the weather was also driven by events that gave examples first hand. I studied them

No comments: