Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sign of the times: Neil Wagner throws in the towel, quits production of warmist cartoon strip "What on Earth"

Neil Wagner: Choose Your Weapon in the Fight Against Climate Change
Today's post marks What on Earth's final appearance. The experience over these past few years of producing over 200 comic strips (and blogs) has been a fulfilling one. Part of that fulfillment comes from knowing I found a way to use my lifelong love of cartooning to help the fight against climate change. At least a little bit.
...
When I first hatched the concept of a comic strip focusing entirely on climate change, I knew it was unusual.
...
But I think What on Earth (WOE) has maximized its audience....
As it turns out, I was right to not assume WOE would achieve the mass market appeal of Peanuts or Calvin and Hobbes (although it never hurts to hope)...
I thank those people, as well as Ira Flatow's Science Friday and The Huffington Post for providing the platforms from which Bebbo (the climate-concerned polar bear) and Kito (the climate-skeptic puffin) could strive to entertain and inform.

No comments: