Wednesday, May 01, 2013

EDF chief scientist: Concern about climate 100 years from now is ‘totally policy irrelevant’ | JunkScience.com
So we can agree on something.
Government's anti-global warming department and its £3.3m air travel bill - Politics - News - London Evening Standard
The Whitehall department meant to tackle global warming was today criticised for spending millions of pounds on air travel.

The Department for Energy and Climate Change has increased the money spent on flights every year in the past three, with the total hitting £3.3 million.
Where Do Wind Turbines Come From? | NoFrakkingConsensus
Mining the iron ore needed to build wind farms entrails ripping mountains and valleys “to shreds.”
Lisa Curtis: Why I'm Not an Environmentalist
I believe in climate change. I ride my bike everywhere, I work at a solar company, I buy organic and local when I can. I am young, liberal and idealistic. But I'm not an environmentalist. And I'm not alone...In sum: Americans are beginning to believe in climate change and most of us have adopted various forms of environmentally-friendly behaviors. But, we now prioritize economic growth over the environment and don't want to be called "environmentalists." So what's changed? Is it just a matter of labeling?
UK Ministry of Defense Deems Wind Towers a National Security Threat
The MOD has come out against two proposed 115 foot wind power towers in Cornwall, which they assert are so big they could look like planes on monitoring equipment.

The MOD assert that the wind towers green energy devices could confuse computer systems designed to protect the UK and identify the turbines as a threat, triggering the MOD to send in fighter aircraft to investigate, and while the RAF was preoccupied, allowing real enemies to sneak into British airspace, and accordingly, are against their construction.  [Via DB]

No comments: