Tuesday, May 07, 2013

To Minnesota warmist John Abraham, this is evidence that CO2 is overheating the planet: One of his students complained that while last summer was hot, this spring was "incredibly cold"

This isn't the weather we grew up with | John Abraham | Environment | guardian.co.uk
the Earth is gaining energy at an alarming rate.
...Cold air and potential downpours or snow storms may be coming your way. Recently, the jet stream has been more likely to be found in an undulating, slowly moving state.
...
But don't just take it from me, ask my students. Engineering student Sara Backlund, who attends my heat transfer course recently remarked,
Last summer was crazy hot – so hot my soccer games had to be cut short. This spring it is incredibly cold – it's May and we haven't even started practicing and our games are being canceled. Even I can see the weather is changing…
So, it may not take a rocket scientist to tell us we're changing the weather… It might just take a bright engineering student.

1 comment:

SteveGinGTO said...

Sara the engineering student...

Nothing against women in science/tech, but having worked in engineering departments for 40 years, I never met a competent female engineer. The few I did work with were bloody worthless - even one with a Masters in Engineering.

I do not know why that would have been so. In my high school we had very nearly a 50-50 mix in our college prep math and science courses, and the girls gave the guys a run for our money. On every math and science team of 5 there were always at least 2 girls.

But the ones I ran into professionally? When asked for an opinion on anyone, male or female, I would only say one thing: If I would hire them or not. I would never hire one of the females I worked with. I wouldn't hire 2/3 of the guy, either. Maybe my female sampling was too small.

Two years ago a cohort pointed me to a web page of a female engineer who had all sorts of opinions about 9/11. When I read them, I thought they were the dumbest observations I'd ever - EVER - run across about anything relating to engineering. That one had a PhD and had always worked in academia. On a scale of 1 to 100, she was a minus 50. NO real world brain whatsoever. And if there is one thing engineers have to have it is real a world brain. She would have been laughed out of any machine or fabricating shop I've worked with.