Monday, June 30, 2008

"Global Warming" Fatigue: Denver Airport Cancels Carbon Offset Program

Debbie Schlussel
Shocker. Denver International Airport was the first airport to consider offering a carbon offset program for travelers. But guess what? It's also the first airport to "pause" the plan "due to lack of interest from vendors."

No-one was interested? You're kidding. Like a tree falling in the forest but no-one being there to hear it, or a WNBA game, no-one cares. Can you believe it?
...
Hmmm . . . I'm traveling and stuck in the Denver airport. I can spend $2.50 on half a Diet Coke (we're at the airport, remember?), half a bad women's fashion magazine, or hand it over to radical environmentalists. Which do I pick?

I think I tip the guy who shines shoes, even though I'm wearing sandals. Or better yet, I spend the $2.50 on the women's magazine, just so I can throw out the non-biodegradable plastic bag it comes in, engaging in my own silent form of eco-rebellion and carbon-dangerous behavior.

No comments: