Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Email 724

Dear Keith, Peck and Eystein,

as you'll have seen from Tom C's replies to my fairly direct requests for the data that went into his MWP figure, he seems somehow reluctant to send it to me and prefers me to find it myself (including spending a week re-assembling a Mongolian composite). I have no time to do this, so have instead reverted to using the very similar data that we already had. I'm sure it's so similar that it tells the same story. [Tim Osborn, UEA]

(Above via H. Miller)

EU push for big climate deal 'too much'| News24

Durban - A European drive to forge a legally-binding deal on climate change by 2015 that would include all major carbon polluters is "too much", a senior Chinese negotiator said at UN talks here.

"I exchanged views with my European colleagues before I came here and told them very clearly that a mandate is too much," Li Gao, speaking on the sidelines of the 12-day negotiations, told AFP late on Tuesday.z

Email 748

Mike is going to scan this and put it on the CRU web site. This is one of those pieces of
work over the years that we probably should have written up more. Had a look through it
this morning and it reads very well and shows we did a lot of work and know what we're talking
about when it comes to SST adjustments and buckets. Maybe it will show that idiots at CA
and Roger Pielke Sr that we know what we're doing! [Phil Jones]

Email 715

We are struggling a bit with a new adjustment scheme to USHCN w/r to indirect vs direct
adjustments for urban heat islands. GHCN is another issue still, but all this is clearly
in the noise. An important correction we are working on is the cool bias introduced by a
greater percentage of bouys lately compared to just a decade or two ago. This effect is at
least comparable to the urban effect in my view. [Tom Karl]

No comments: