Friday, February 03, 2012

Email 1983, Mar 2006: Warmist Richard Alley admits that he has "serious doubts about tree-rings as paleothermometers"

Email 1983

cc: k.briffa@uea.ac.uk date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:55:46 -0500 (EST) from: subject: divergence to: jto@u.arizona.edu

Peck--Thanks. The big issue may be that you don't just have to convince me now; if the NRC committee comes out as being strongly negative on the hockey stick owing to RD'A's talk, then the divergence between IPCC and NRC will be a big deal in the future regardless. The NRC committee is accepting comments now (I don't know for how long)... As I noted, my observations of the NRC committee members suggest rather strongly to me that they now have serious doubts about tree-rings as paleothermometers (and I do, too...at least until someone shows me why this divergence problem really doesn't matter). --Richard

No comments: