Monday, July 14, 2008

Bravo, Cardinal Pell

Populate or perish, says Cardinal Pell - National - smh.com.au
THE Catholic Archbishop of Sydney has called on Australia to populate or perish and declared himself a climate change sceptic - a day after the Pope called on Catholics to change their way of life to deal with global warming.
...

"It's even more difficult when you're trying to predict what will happen in five or 10 or 15 or 20 or 100 years. I myself am a little bit of of a sceptic. That means I'm open to the evidence about the claim that human activity is likely to produce a man-made catastrophe.

"I'm well aware over hundreds of years that there have been great changes in the climate, and whether we are going through one of those changes or whether we are contributing to that, I don't know. Whether we are heading slowly towards an ice age or whether we are heading towards significant warming, I don't know but I'm pretty certain if you look at the figures the temperatures have dropped worldwide in the past 12 months."


No comments: