Saturday, September 12, 2009

In Climate Change [Hoax] Debate, McCain Largely Disengages as Kerry Goes Full Throttle - washingtonpost.com
"This is a tough lift, in every respect," said Kerry, who has held 40 one-on-one meetings with 25 fellow Democrats over the past couple of months and plans to meet with half a dozen Republicans in the next week or so. "My hope is that common sense and the facts will prevail [I hope so, too], but that doesn't always happen around here."
...
"I'm willing to bend, and I'm asking people to bend," said Lieberman, who is working on issues such as additional subsidies for nuclear and coal power as well as money to ease the economic crunch for utilities and consumers. "I'm willing to meet people in the middle of the bridge because this problem is so urgent."

No comments: