Thursday, October 22, 2009

Alarmist Franny Armstrong - extended interview
I was always making up schemes when I was younger - let's put on a pop concert, or get all the teachers to stop driving....I think that nobody wants to cause climate change. It's a mixture of our whole society being set up wrong and laziness. Put those two factors together and it all goes pear shaped....I almost forget that 99 per cent of the population don't give a shit, or that 99 per cent of the population is ignoring the problem.
Environment » Blog Archive » Copenhagen…DOpenHAgen…DOHA? | Blogs |
So is there a risk – if negotiators are not smart — that the new U.N. accord to fight global warming will stall like the long-running Doha round on freeing world trade, launched in 2001?
[October 15: Global warming-fighting bicyclist again encounters snow]
Monday! Oh Monday!! Today I woke up, looked out the window, and saw SNOW. Again.

I set out from the Hauan’s warm farm by North Branch into the bitter cold of the wintry morning. Okay, I told myself, I knew what I was getting into when I decided to organize the bike ride in October in MINNESOTA; I would stick it out, I wouldn’t let any weather deter me.

No comments: