Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Phil Jones: "I wasted a part of a day deleting numerous emails and exchanges with almost all the skeptics. So I have virtually nothing. "

Climategate 2.0 emails – They’re real and they’re spectacular! | Watts Up With That?

2368

Dave,
Do I understand it correctly – if he doesn’t pay the £10 we don’t have to respond?

With the earlier FOI requests re David Holland, I wasted a part of a day deleting
numerous emails and exchanges with almost all the skeptics. So I have
virtually nothing. I even deleted the email that I inadvertently sent.
There might be some bits of pieces of paper, but I’m not wasting my time
going through these.

Cheers
Phil

Climategate 2: More ado about nothing. Again. | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

Two years ago, someone hacked into a University of East Anglia server and anonymously posted thousands of emails from climate scientists. Quickly dubbed "Climategate", global warming deniers jumped on this, trying to show that these scientists were engaging in fraudulent activities. However, it was clear to anyone familiar with how research is done that this was complete and utter bilge; the scientists were not trying to hide anything, were not trying to trick anyone, and were not trying to falsely exaggerate the dangers of climate change.

From email 2333:
Mike,
This is for YOURS EYES ONLY. Delete after reading - please ! I'm trying to redress the
balance. One reply from Pfister said you should make all available !! Pot calling the kettle
black - Christian doesn't make his methods available. I replied to the wrong Christian
message so you don't get to see what he said. Probably best. Told Steve separately and to get
more advice from a few others as well as Kluwer and legal.
PLEASE DELETE - just for you, not even Ray and Malcolm

Cheers
Phil

Climategate 2.0 emails – They’re real and they’re spectacular! | Watts Up With That?

No comments: