Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Venomous Climate of Climate Change Denialism - Blog
If a firefighter told you that your house was on fire, you wouldn't get mad at the firefighter.   [Actually I would, if my house wasn't on fire and the firefighter kept trying to convince me that the "fire" would go out if I wrote a large annual check to Al Gore].
Quadrant Online - Praise be! The Climate Commission in Melbourne
On Tuesday, 24 July, Melbourne was treated to Brother Tim's Travelling Salvation Show, aka the Climate Commissioners, calling on the faithful to force carbon sinners to repent.

It was a revivalist meeting, complete with pictures and snake oil.
This Is What Global Warming Looks Like | Real Science
Australia is of course not as big as Washington DC, and definitely not part of the globe.

World Climate Report » Wild Speculation on Climate and Polar Bears
Basically, the authors contend that even though polar bears have been a separate “species “ for some 4 to 5 million years and have survived repeated interglacial warm periods, it is vulnerable to warming. It survived during a a period of 2 million years (from 3 million to 5 million years ago) with an average temperature about was as warm as today. Somehow this evolutionary history has made polar bears of today “even more vulnerable to future climatic…disturbances.”

Right. PNAS yet again has fallen victim to it’s “pal review” process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"[Actually I would, if my house wasn't on fire and the firefighter kept trying to convince me that the "fire" would go out if I wrote a large annual check to Al Gore]."


LOL, that gave me a good laugh!...