Friday, May 10, 2013

Unclear on the concept: Warmist senator Sheldon Whitehouse tells a story about God sending fossil-fueled pickup truck/boat/helicopters to save a man from a CO2-induced? flood

Climate Chatter – May 10 | Duke Dean's Blog: The Green Grok
Remember the story of the man trapped in his house during a huge flood? A faithful man, he trusted God to save him. As the waters began to rise in his house, his neighbor came by and offered him a ride to safety and he said, I’m waiting for God to save me. …
Well, eventually the floodwaters swept over the roof and the man was drowned.
When the man reached heaven, he had some questions for God – God, he asked, didn’t I trust in you to save me? …
God answered: I sent you a pickup truck, I sent you a boat, I sent you a helicopter, you refused my help.
Just as God sent the pickup truck, the boat, and the helicopter to the drowning man, he has sent us everything we need to solve this carbon pollution problem. We just refuse. We just refuse. Some of us even deny that the floodwaters are rising.

—Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), May 8, 2013 speech

No comments: