Tuesday, October 07, 2008

UC-Berkeley professor endorses Gore's "exaggeration and distortion"

Author and physicist Richard A. Muller chats with Grist
My house is lit by compact fluorescent light bulbs. Let me just tell you, though: Suppose I drove an SUV and lit my house with the worst kind of light -- I could still be an environmentalist. Al Gore flies around in a jet plane -- absolutely fine with me. The important thing is not getting Al Gore out of his jet plane; the important thing is solving the world's problem. What we really need are policies around the world that address the problem, not feel-good measures. If [Al Gore] reaches more people and convinces the world that global warming is real, even if he does it through exaggeration and distortion -- which he does, but he's very effective at it -- then let him fly any plane he wants.
Update: In case you missed it, note also this stunning statement:
I'm no expert on economic policy, but I think we have to pay for [China's] clean coal. I can't imagine that they will slow down their economy by putting in the expensive clean-coal plants when they can build two [non-clean] plants instead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

With Muller openly supporting known mis-information, I wouldn't be surprised to see Muller's research filled with as much corruption as Al Gore's nonsense.

Anonymous said...

Muller wrote a rather balanced "history of climate" (look a the graph with Roman & medieval warmings).
He must have soon realized that exageration pays.

Anonymous said...

I never expected a Liberal Academic to put in a solid day's labor at anything.

But there he is, clear as day; paving the road to hell for all he's worth.

Anonymous said...

I've never read such unintellectual discourse in my life. If the National Review, and it's primary base of readers, represent the intellectual capital of America, we're in trouble as a country. This is a godforsaken collection of the Anti-Mensa - the great intellectual unwashed. I believe in free speech, but please - at least ATTEMPT to use your brain.