Saturday, January 03, 2009

Skinned Polar Bears for Global Warming - Visceral Friends of the Earth PSA (GALLERY)
This global warming awareness ad by Friends of the Earth goes for the shock value with a skinned polar bear walking around while dragging his fur behind in a sign that the earth is heating up to the extent that the animal had to get rid of its fur to cool down.

The eye-popping ad is created to encourage people to sign a petition asking the Belgian government for stronger and stricter climate laws.
More from a guy who went to Antarctica to raise global "warming" awareness
Now 45years old and twelve days from when I first stumbled up to the South Pole, my left eye, lungs and feet deeply frozen and hallucinating that all my friends and family were plugging along with me, this, cast against me know, warm, 20 pounds heavier and safe in my office - I now know what time travel is like.
...
I still cannot quite feel my feet, parts of my left leg, the ends of my fingers or see clearly through my left eye or breath without trouble – but I am warm, safe and at home, with my wife, my dogs and my friends.

No comments: