Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Larry Van Zandt: Will There Be Anyone Left To Run The Daytona 500 On Sunday?
Greg Biffle receives the 'I should have stayed in Washington' award of the race....I think I recall seeing him in at least two accidents, if not three....other than his recent 'carbon credit' purchases to help save the rest of us from Global Warming (which is a scam), I actually like the guy, and was pulling for him to win the Sprint Cup during the latter half of the 2008 season.
Glen Harness: NASCAR: Roush Goes Green, Planet Saved
We’re saved!

Jack Roush, part owner of several NASCAR teams, has announced that he’s going green! Roush Fenway Racing has “announce[d] their pledge to sustainability and environmental protection”.

I’m so relieved. I thought for sure that global warming climate change was going to destroy the earth, but Roush and his organization have saved the day.

I’m sorry, but if you’re concerned about saving the planet, operating auto racing teams is the last thing you need to be doing.

Two of Roush Fenway’s drivers, Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle, were suckered into are buying “renewable energy credits”. I also am selling renewable energy credits. Send me your money and I’ll go buy a little windmill or maybe some solar cells. Geesh.

Now you may read this and think that I don’t really care about the environment, and you’d be absolutely wrong. But I draw the line at these scams that sell “carbon credits” or whatever so that people can buy them and feel good about themselves.

If you want to invest in renewable energy, then invest in it. Buy stock in a small company that can use the money to figure out how we can be more energy independent. You don’t need a third party to pat you on the back and say “Nice job, you saved the planet (while making me rich off this green scheme)”.

I don’t have a problem with going green per se. But do it for real reasons, not the made up global warming fairy tale. If you want to build a building that takes less energy to heat and cool, great. That’s a perfectly valid reason.

No comments: