Friday, February 27, 2009

On subsidies: Journalism Is Bliss - Chris Horner - Planet Gore on National Review Online
...wind gets $23.37 per MWh while solar gets $24.34 per MWh. Yes. That's "gets."

Such
readily available realities are why I nonetheless found the nice lady
interviewing Myron Ebell on Fox Business (should still be the current
video posted, here) to be
quite something. Um. Why. Yes. Let’s “start investing” in such things.
Maybe taxpayers can “start investing” in bank bailouts now, too.
See you in jail: It's not symbolism when you live in D.C. | Co2-phobe Mike Tidwell weighs in
But I live five subway stops from the U.S. Capitol. My home is right here. There's nothing symbolic -- for me -- about trying to keep the tidal Potomac River out of my living room and off the National Mall where my son takes school trips. There's nothing symbolic about fighting for homeowner's insurance in a region where Allstate and other insurers have already begun to pull out due to bigger Atlantic hurricanes. And what's vague about the local plant species like deadnettles and Bluebells that now bloom four to six weeks earlier in D.C.-area gardens thanks to dramatic warming.
...
I heat my home with locally grown, organically fertilized corn [I guess baby formula doesn't burn as well?!] that saves me money.

No comments: