Friday, April 24, 2009

Pelosi Backs Off of Statement on Climate Change | News | News | Farm Futures
Many Senators, including about a dozen Democrats, have reservations about a bill that would set an overall limit on greenhouse gases and then allow emitters to buy and sell the pollution allowances allocated by the federal government. Early indications are the House will not take up a cap-and-trade measure until the summer or early fall.
Newt Gingrich (newtgingrich) on Twitter
# I am now reading the incomplete draft of the energy bill. It is amazing.tomorrow will be very interesting because it is a very bad bill
# I just learned officially that I will follow al gore tomorrow in a an energy and commerce hearing on a job killing tax increasing bill
Obama's Climate Change Envoy Urges Global Warming Treaty, Offers Few Specifics
At the end of the first panel, Kerry defended the lack of detail in Stern’s testimony.

“In fairness – I said this to Sen. Corker – Todd Stern made it clear to me prior to coming up here that not all of the T’s were crossed and I’s dotted,” the Massachusetts senator said.

“I knew he was coming here today without the ability to fully flesh out every single component,” Kerry said. “I still think (Stern’s testimony is) important, and I think it’s contributed significantly to people’s understanding of the process, where we’re heading and how we are going to get from here to there.”
Wind Watch: Tony gives wind farms the chop
A karate instructor is using his skills in self defence to defend the environment.

Tony Johnson of Church Lench organised a ‘breakathon’ on Tuesday in which he broke breezeblocks, tiles and bricks with his bare hands in order to raise money to fight plans to build a windfarm in the village.

No comments: