Wednesday, July 08, 2009

On public reaction to the Waxman-Markey climate swindle bill, an interesting statistic from New York Democrat Congressman Eric Massa

Press Release from the office of Rep. Eric Massa | PBS
4) My final reason for opposing this bill was you, the constituents of New York's 29th Congressional District. In the week leading up to the vote, our offices received hundreds of phone calls urging a 'no' vote. In fact, after we tallied the responses, the "vote no" calls outnumbered the "vote yes" calls by a ratio of 19 to 1. My job is to represent you, and that's exactly what I did in casting my vote. While voting based only on polling data is not in concert with my vision - representing this District is my job and I take your concerns very seriously.

Robert Stavins: OK, THE CONGRESSMAN CHOSE TO FOLLOW THE POLITICAL WINDS.

No comments: