Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Obama does a 3-minute Earth Day video; fails to mention the global warming hoax

Obama Seeks Local Action for Earth Day - Dot Earth Blog - NYTimes.com
Clearly with today’s Washington paralysis in mind, Mr. Obama notes that people shouldn’t count on elected officials to solve all environmental problems and “should take steps in their own homes and their own communities.” That’s always a fine message. Little acts are valuable, even in the face of planet-scale problems.  [Obama suggests that we ride the bus to work and make our home more energy efficient.  During the last ten years, how many times has Obama ridden on a public bus?]
[2008 flashback]
[Obama] So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suggested Earth Day activities for kids from http://www.mainstreet.com/article/family/kids/5-earth-day-activities-kids

3. Start your own energy patrol. Help your kids start their own energy patrol in their school, youth center or even your own house. Energy patrollers learn how to cut water and electricity usage to save the environment and your utility budget.