Sunday, April 25, 2010

On climate bill, Democrats work to overcome Graham's immigration objections: Washington Post
"I've got some political courage, but I'm not stupid," Graham said in an interview Saturday. "The only reason I went forward is, I thought we had a shot if we got the business and environmental community behind our proposal, and everybody was focused on it. What's happened is that firm, strong commitment disappeared."
...
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), who spent months drafting language to protect the U.S. manufacturing sector as part of a climate deal, said he puts passage of the bill "on my list of top five priorities," especially since Ohio is helping lead the country in the production of jobs in the solar and wind industry. But when he goes home to his state to talk to constituents about the issues they care about most, "nobody talks about this. I never hear about it."

No comments: