Saturday, August 28, 2010

Climate change and recent dangerous weather patterns - by Amanda Stagnetto - Helium

 One day last summer I had left mycar parked out under the sun while I lunched with a friend only to find when I came back to it at about 4.30 in the afternoon that the thermometer of the car read 50 degrees centigrade. There was no way that I could get into that car as I couldn't even touch the steering wheel and certainly couldn't sit down on the seat so I had to turn the engine on and stand outside while I left the air conditioning run for at least 10 minutes in order to cool it down enough for me to be able to get in.  I know that I was guilty in that moment of adding to the harm caused in the ozone layer and consequently the climate but when faced with such heat one's logic no longer works well!

No comments: