Sunday, October 31, 2010

Politics of fear inspired left-wing soccer mom to spend "countless dollars on gas" to get Obama elected; now she's bummed that he didn't save us from harmless CO2

Why a Soccer Momma for Obama Hung Up Her Cleats | RHRealityCheck.org
I was also panicked. After eight years of George Bush, and deeply fearful of what the future held for my children--climate change, the loss of individual rights, the rise of racism, discrimination and stigmatization in this country, the rejection of science and evidence as the basis for policy, and the potential loss for my daughter--and for all women--of reproductive rights--I literally felt I could never do enough.

So I organized for America.

I started by finding a precinct in Loudon county, Virginia that needed help. I spent countless weekends, weeknights, and sometimes weekdays, and countless dollars on gas never counted as "official" contributions, driving out to Virginia to canvass, place door hangars, and talk personally, face to face, with literally hundreds of voters. I made notes, I made follow up calls, I researched answers to call back the undecided; I gave out my personal cell number to anyone who wanted to call me for further info. I phone-banked at centers but more often from home, making countless phone calls on my own dime across the country, night after night, on the MyBarackObama website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soccer sucks