Thursday, July 14, 2011

Julie Gillard blames the Internet for reporters allegedly writing "complete crap" about her carbon dioxide swindle

I meant what I said at the time, PM says of no carbon tax promise | The Australian
JULIA Gillard showed rare emotion today as she defended her carbon tax - and her prime ministership - from community outcry and personal attacks.
...
Asked about the intensity of the carbon debate and the media's responsibilities, Ms Gillard issued a blunt appeal to reporters. “Don't write crap,” she said.

“It can't be that hard,” she said. “And when you have written complete crap, I think you should correct it.”

She said the “volume of crap” had changed over the years, due to the demands of modern media.

“I'm not suggesting in the past everything we read was wonderfully accurate.

“But I think with the new media environment, where you are both restless and relentless with content ... I think the quality of the content is possibly lower just because the volume has had to be higher.”

No comments: