Thursday, July 14, 2011

Remember when the late Stephen Schneider claimed that he received "hundreds of hate e-mails a day", and when he accused climate realists of "Hitlerian lies"?

[July 2010] Stephen H. Schneider, climate change expert, dies at 65
His passionate views on the climate debate occasionally attracted vitriol from extremist groups. An FBI investigation recently found he was named on a neo-Nazi "death list," and Dr. Schneider said he received hundreds of hate e-mails a day.

"What do I do? Learn to shoot a magnum? Wear a bulletproof jacket?" Dr. Schneider said. "I have now had extra alarms fitted at my home, and my address is unlisted. I get scared that we're now in a new Weimar Republic where people are prepared to listen to what amounts to Hitlerian lies about climate scientists."

No comments: