Monday, July 18, 2011

Warmist David Roberts admits to repeatedly eating meat, ignoring the sage advice of Hansen and Pachauri

Viva veggies: Say goodbye to bacon, boys | Grist dared me to make a change | Grist
You should be a vegetarian, and so should I!

But I'm not. I tried to for a while, but it just didn't stick. That's because I love me some meat.
...
Still, Grist threw me a challenge and I accepted, because Grist is awesome, and I'd say that even if I didn't work here. For one week, my family -- me, my wife, and two very hungry boys -- is going vegetarian.
Flashback: Ignoring the advice of the Hansen and Pachauri, The First Green President serves plenty of meat at the White House
'In terms of immediacy of action and the feasibility of bringing about reductions in a short period of time, it clearly is the most attractive opportunity,' said Pachauri. 'Give up meat for one day [a week] initially, and decrease it from there,' said the Indian economist, who is a vegetarian.
...
Top climatologist Dr. James Hansen calls for less coal and less meat to stop global warming.

"You can make a bigger contribution in that way (being a vegetarian) than just about anything."

No comments: