Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Bummer: Berkeley warmist Bob Brown fears that CO2 will cause oceans to rise over 245 feet and kill us all

The State of Global Change Science | Robert A. Brown - seattlepi.com
First of all, I admit the term “Deniers” for “them” might have a derogatory association with “Holocaust Deniers”. I liked GWD. But GWI works too. No, it doesn’t stand for what you think — I’m considering “GW Illiterates”. Just as the intellectual world can be put into “us & them” as “the scientifically aware and the scientifically illiterate”.
...There’s the rising of sea level, from warming oceans and melting land ice (It’s small so far, but if 1. small glaciers and marginal polar ice caps melt: a 1 ½ ft rise in sea level; 2. The Greenland ice sheet melts: a 24’ rise; 3. West Antarctic ice sheet melts: a 20’ rise; and 4. East Antarctic ice sheet melts: over 200’ rise. The last 3 are very unlikely, but possible.)
...
And to the GWI who say: “So what, there has always been GW in the history of the earth.” That is true, but our species wasn’t around with the dinosaurs, and although I clearly have minimum expectations from our species, I am one, and fond of many of them. A climate change that eliminates us would disturb me.
...
Bob Brown
Robert A. Brown received B.S. & M.S. degrees from U.C. Berkeley

2 comments:

John Marshall said...

This man lives in a fairy land.

Joseph said...

Eliminate us? Aren't there lots of places at higher elevations than 245'? Near my house, there's Roslyn and Muttontown. OTOH, I might feel a bit sheepish moving to Muttontown...