Monday, August 08, 2011

David "Climate Nuremberg" is another angry loser in the climate debate: Now he fantasizes about kicking our asses, telling us to go f*ck ourselves, and beating us

How do you solve a problem like conservative white men? | Grist
In this post, I'm going to argue that the typical strategies are doomed to failure. It may be that the simplest, least clever strategy -- kick their asses -- is still the way to go.
...For my part, when I see people denying facts and bullying scientists in order perpetuate the dominance of fossil fuel interests that are killing people and threatening my children's futures, I am inclined to tell them to go f*ck themselves. That won't resonate with their social/tribal perspectives, but that's because I find their social/tribal perspectives repugnant and worthy of social censure. I want to beat them.

2 comments:

Bob Armstrong said...

Reminds me of a couple of years ago when , after I had pointed out at an IREA ( our coal fired electrical association ) shareholders' meeting that the thriving forests outside the windows were CO2 + H2O and a little ash , that an eco-leninist neighbor invited me out to some red rocks formations in the forest nearby to teach me some "science" with his fists .

Anonymous said...

I am inclined to tell them to go f*ck themselves. That won't resonate with their social/tribal perspectives, but that's because I find their social/tribal perspectives repugnant and worthy of social censure. I want to beat them.

Earlier he writes of the true goal: global governance, as if that is a benign consideration without threat to anyone on the planet. Apparently he hasn't read history, or perhaps he has read too much: the CWM generally run things and have, admittedly, made a hash of many a century. Somehow he and his "hippie" friends are different.

He finds the culture of mainstream America, Britain, Europe, South and Central America, probably the Indonesian countries also - in fact any and all places where CWM (yellow, black, brown or red, too) "repugnant". He just dissed most of the world, including those nominally on his side who might change their minds at any time. Plus he believes that ATTITUDE predates technical judgements. Perhaps, Joey S., it is the other way around.

How many of us became disbelievers AFTER checking into the technical arguments?

Talk about denier.