Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Warmist who "occasionally" travels by helicopter when snowmobile travel isn't convenient: Skeptics are just trying to make their own lives easier

Attenborough sees conditions of life on earth deteriorating - The Irish Times - Tue, Oct 18, 2011
Asked whether he was hopeful or despairing about the future of the planet, he said: “I’m on the pessimistic side. I don’t think there’s any question that things are going to get worse. I’m not suggesting that homo sapiens will be exterminated by its own hand within the next 100 years – but I am suggesting that the conditions for the burgeoning human population on this planet will mean that conditions for individual human beings will get worse.”

Questioned on whether he thought naysayers were closing their eyes to scientific evidence because of their beliefs, he said: “I think that probably is so and I think it suits them to be that way – I mean, it would be a much easier life if it were not the case. You wouldn’t need to bother about a lot of things. I would love to convince myself otherwise.”

The veteran broadcaster criticised people who say recycling is a pointless response to the scale of the problem, saying: “I think it’s a supercilious, condescending, anti-social and undemocratic thing to say.
David Attenborough: I’m lucky to be here | The Sun |Features
He occasionally takes a helicopter to travel long distances rather than sitting for two hours on a 60mph, bum-numbing snowmobile, but there are few other allowances for his age.

1 comment:

John Marshall said...

Attenborough is a trained geologist who seems to have abandoned his training to take the BBC pound. He now talks a lot of rubbish.