Thursday, November 24, 2011

2005, Tom Wigley on paleo reconstructions: "the differences between them prior to 1850 make me very nervous. If I were on the greenhouse deniers' side, I would be inclined to focus on the wide range of paleo results and the differences between them as an argument for dismissing them all."

Email 4381

[Tom Wigley] A word of warning. I would be careful about using other, independent paleo
reconstruction work as supporting the MBH reconstructions. I am attaching my
version of a comparison of the bulk of these other reconstructions. Although
these all show the hockey stick shape, the differences between them prior to
1850 make me very nervous. If I were on the greenhouse deniers' side, I
would be inclined to focus on the wide range of paleo results and the differences
between them as an argument for dismissing them all.

No comments: