Saturday, November 26, 2011

2007 Mann email to Phil Jones: "I have a top lawyer already representing me...Wei Chyung needs to sue them, or at the least threaten a lawsuit...The threat of a lawsuit alone my prevent them from publishing this paper, so time is of the essence"

2007 email from Mann to Phil Jones, cc Gavin

thanks for forwarding. It may be difficult for me to sue them over a footnote, and in fact he is very careful only to intimate accusations against me in a response to your comments. Note that he does not do so in the paper. I'm sure they know that I would sue them for that, and that I have a top lawyer already representing me.

Wei Chyung needs to sue them, or at the least threaten a lawsuit. If he doesn't, this will set a dangerous new precedent. I could put him in touch w/ anleading attorney who would do this pro bono. Of course, this has to be done quickly. The threat of a lawsuit alone my prevent them from publishing this paper, so time is of the essence. Please feel free to mention this directly to Wei Chyung, in particular that I think he needs to pursue a legal course her independent of whatever his university is doing. He cannot wait for Stony Brook to complete its internal investigations! If he does so, it will be too late to stop this.

Gavin is in Shanghai, but perhaps may be able to provide some brief thoughts himself on this,

No comments: