Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2008: Colorado State warmist David Thompson learns about "some guy called McIntyre"; then says "The blog stuff is wacky; I'm hoping it will die down pretty soon. I've never really bothered to read those things before...maybe I should have"

Email 3618

At 14:57 30/05/2008, David Thompson wrote:
All, Thanks for keeping me in the loop. The blog stuff is wacky; I'm hoping it will die down pretty soon. I've never really bothered to read those things before... maybe I should have.... The writers are certainly bullying, and misleading ... I complained to Nature - I just had to.
...
At 20:54 29/05/2008, David Thompson wrote: Phil,

Hopefully the NY Times article is reasonable.

I indulged in 10 minutes of surfing some wacky right wing blog this morning which is linked via the crummy Nature news piece (some guy called McIntyre ranting about how he'd figured this all out before and that our paper highlights how corrupt we all are). Anyway, it's a surreal site and makes me feel sorry with what you and, say, Susan must have to deal with on a regular basis. My instinct is to blow it off. But what bugs me is that the link is prominently available below the Nature news article.

No comments: