Thursday, November 03, 2011

Grist warmist's belief in the global warming hoax isn't strong enough to convince her to skip her boyfriend's friend's wedding

Again, this is a massive, showstopping problem for global warming hoax promoters: It's so stupid that even the "believers" don't truly believe it.

The Greenie Pig gets religion on global warming | Grist
Forgive me, Earth, for I have sinned.

You see, a dear childhood friend of my boyfriend's got married last Saturday. Our attendance was a foregone conclusion -- there was no way Ted could miss his bro's big day. Problem was, we live in Seattle, and this wedding was in Marfa, Texas, a tiny town a full eight hours' drive from Austin. We had to travel -- a lot -- to reach this blessed event. With travel come carbon emissions, and with carbon emissions come guilt. If it helps, I feel really bad about it.
...
Being bad can feel so good, but now that it's over and done with, I'm looking to atone.
...
My total damage, then, is 1,858 pounds of carbon. If there's an environmental inferno for sinners like me, I fear my trip would land me in at least the third circle of Hell. You know, the one reserved for gluttons.
...Not even my composting worms will buy me forgiveness.

So what's left for a poor sinner to do?

No comments: