Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Phil Jones, 2009: "Tim, Chris, I hope you're not right about the lack of warming lasting till about 2020"

Question: If warming really threatens to destroy human civilization, why was Jones hoping for warming?

And if the world was still warming in 2009, why did Jones refer to "lack of warming"?

Email 4195

Tim, Chris, I hope you're not right about the lack of warming lasting till about 2020.
...
I seem to be getting an email a week from skeptics saying where's the warming gone. I know the warming is on the decadal scale, but it would be nice to wear their smug grins away.

3 comments:

BenV said...

So basically the same 30 years of warming then 30 years of cooling cycle that had been going on prior to any CO2 influence by man is still happening.

So CO2 isn't a problem.

Contrapundit said...

These people are either sickees who want this earth to go down in flames, OR there's some other motivation.

Yes, it's not about warming, or Co2, or climate for these deceivers. It's about "appeasing the Gaia," and their secular guilt... and ultimately, as Obama's science advisor J Holdren advocates, deindustrialization. Crazy.

Contrapundit said...

I had to make 1 more comment here. In case you doubt my point, I just noticed that "John Holdren" (deindustrialization advocate) is CCed on this very email!! Check it.