Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Uh-oh: Phil Jones, 2003: "When Keith, Tim and me wanted to do some comparisons with MBH98 a few years ago a few of the series could not be made available"

Email 1283

At 01:23 PM 10/27/2003 +0000, Phil Jones wrote:

Mike, Depending exactly on what it says I suggest we should do our best to ignore it. E&E is edited ( a very loose use of the word) by Sonia Boehmer-Christiansen, who's generally involved, in some way, in all skeptic stuff here in Britain. It is rather odd that the email said the two had rerun his (Mann's) exact analysis and got quite different results. I know I couldn't do this, as when Keith, Tim and me wanted to do some comparisons with MBH98 a few years ago a few of the series could not be made available. I'm not trying to make any sort of point here, just to state that repeating an analysis with exactly the same data is normally very difficult.

No comments: