Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2005 email from dendro guy Rob Wilson: "between you and me, I don't think our new NH recon really adds anything new expect perhaps the fact that we should not put too much confidence in these recons prior to 1100 or so...I think the whole methodology is up in the air as well"

Email 844

PS. between you and me, I don't think our new NH recon really adds anything new expect perhaps the fact that we should not put too much confidence in these recons prior to 1100 or so. After seeing Ulrich Cubasch's talk on the 32 flavours of climate, I think the whole methodology is up in the air as well. Do you know if he has drafted a paper on this work yet?

Rob Wilson's Curriculum Vitae

2002-2005:     Scotland

Dendrochronological contract/consultancy work with the Tree-Ring Laboratory Lamont Doherty                   
Earth Observatory, New York.
Projects include:

  • Optimising hemispheric and global temperature reconstructions for the past millennium. Led by Drs. Rosanne D’Arrigo, Gordon Jacoby and Ed
    Cook. Funded by the NOAA Climate Change Data and Detection program.

No comments: